K&WVRly
Brian Robertson
2014-07-18 22:37:42 UTC
We spent a day on the K&WVR today, and very enjoyable it was too.
Decided to catch the train to Hebden Bridge and take the bus over the
tops. Same back.

The bus (OT) was on time, all of the trains were on time, the beer was
fine on the train and fine (but grossly expensive in Haworth). The fish
and chip shop at Haworth has been somewhat ruined, but still came up
with a cracking plate of grub.

All in all, a very good day where everything went to plan.

One thing that I noticed though. Although the website says that there
was a service today, all of the printed material that the railway were
handing out (leaflets and members magazine) all said that there was no
service on July 18th. That can't have done them any favours. I must
admit that the railway (and Haworth) were dead. That seems a big mistake
to have made without taking the trouble to insert an errata, at least in
Push and Pull.
birdman
2014-07-19 07:03:06 UTC
Post by Brian Robertson
[...]
There was a note on their website yesterday morning
highlighting this problem saying they were running trains.

Mike G
Brian Robertson
Well it can't have been too obvious. I certainly didn't spot it.
birdman
It is the latest item on the news page and was posted on the 16th July.
Brian Robertson
2014-07-20 21:12:41 UTC
Post by birdman
Post by Brian Robertson
Post by birdman
Post by Brian Robertson
[...]
Two days before people will have long made plans to go elsewhere.